Here at Edwards Abstract and Title Co., we want to make sure that our clients are informed with up-to-date information on COVID-19 in order to benefit the health and safety of our communities. Below, we have compiled verified news sources with current updates and announcements regarding the handling of the coronavirus in our region. Please continue to check back for the most recent information, and consider sharing with your friends and family on social media.
This information is straight from the CDC if you want learn more click in the link below https://www.cdc.gov/
CDC Online Newsroom Welcome to the CDC Online Newsroom, a one-stop source for journalists seeking public health information. Global media and the general public can access current and archived press releases, media advis
- The Hidden U.S. COVID-19 Pandemic: Orphaned Children – More than 140,000 U.S. Children Lost a Primary or Secondary Caregiver Due to the COVID-19 Pandemicby [email protected] on October 7, 2021 at 9:14 am
One U.S. child loses a parent or caregiver for every four COVID-19-associated deaths, a new modeling study published today in <em>Pediatrics </em>reveals.
- CDC Completes Sixty-Day Assessment of Order under 42 U.S.C. 265by [email protected] on October 2, 2021 at 12:00 am
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States.
- Youth E-Cigarette Use Remains Serious Public Health Concern Amid COVID-19 Pandemicby [email protected] on September 30, 2021 at 11:01 am
A study released today (attached) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that more than 2 million U.S. middle and high school students reported currently using e-cigarettes in 2021, with more than 8 in 10 of those youth using flavored e-cigarettes.
- CDC Statement on Pregnancy Health Advisoryby [email protected] on September 29, 2021 at 2:35 pm
Today, CDC issued an urgent health advisory to increase COVID-19 vaccination among people who are pregnant, recently pregnant (including those who are lactating), who are trying to become pregnant now, or who might become pregnant in the future to prevent serious illness, deaths, and adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- Studies Show More COVID-19 Cases in Areas Without School Masking Policiesby [email protected] on September 24, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Today, CDC released three studies in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) that highlight the importance of using layered prevention strategies including universal masking to stop the spread and minimize disruptions to school operations for safe in-person education.
- CDC Statement on ACIP Booster Recommendationsby [email protected] on September 24, 2021 at 9:05 am
CDC works 24/7 saving lives, protecting people from health threats, and saving money to have a more secure nation. A US federal agency, CDC helps make the healthy choice the easy choice by putting science and prevention into action. CDC works to help people live longer, healthier and more productive lives.
- CDC to Invest $2.1 Billion to Protect Patients and Healthcare Workers from COVID-19 and Future Infectious Diseasesby [email protected] on September 17, 2021 at 11:55 am
CDC to invest $2.1 billion in infection control to support state and other public health departments against COVID-19.
- Number of States with High Obesity Prevalence Rises to Sixteenby [email protected] on September 15, 2021 at 10:24 am
The number of states in which at least 35% of residents are obese has nearly doubled since 2018 – and disparities persist - according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- AmeriCorps and CDC Launch Public Health AmeriCorps, Seek Proposals to Build a New Generation of Public Health Leadersby [email protected] on September 8, 2021 at 11:18 am
AmeriCorps, the federal agency for volunteering and national service, has launched <a href="https://americorps.gov/newsroom/press-release/white-house-announces-400-million-public-health-americorps">Public Health AmeriCorps,</a> a new partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to support the recruitment, training, and development of a new generation of public health leaders who will be ready to respond to the nation’s public health needs.
- CDC Announces More Than $300 Million in Funding to Support Community Health Workersby [email protected] on September 3, 2021 at 9:22 am
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) awarded more than $116 million in year one, of a three-year, $348 million program, to organizations for community health worker (CHW) services to support COVID-19 prevention and control.