A commitment for title insurance is a title insurance form that offers to issue a title policy subject to stated exceptions, requirements, and terms.
- A commitment for title insurance is the first step in the real estate transaction process.
- Edwards Abstract and Title Co. has relationships with national underwriters that issue title policies for commercial and residential real estate transactions.
- The commitment or binder constitutes a statement of the terms and conditions on which Edwards Abstract and Title Co. is willing to issue its policy.
Title Insurance Policy
Before issuing a title policy, a careful search is made of the county, state and federal records that affect real estate. This is accomplished by using the Edwards’ plant, which maintains or has access to references of every deed, mortgage, death, divorce, etc., that might affect property. There are two main types of insurance:
- Owners Title Policy — Insures against loss to the owner of the property.
- Loan Policy — Insures the holder of a mortgage that this mortgage is a lien (claim) on the property.
Expanded Service Area Offers Convenience & Service
- Edwards Abstract and Title Co. is licensed to examine and close residential and commercial transactions in 5 counties.
- In addition to the 7 branch offices located in Cameron and Hidalgo Counties, Edwards Abstract and Title Co. is now able to provide title evidence, title insurance and closing services in the following counties: Starr, Willacy and Webb.
- We offer the convenience of extended services in 28 counties throughout the State of Texas.
- Fast, knowledgeable and one-on-one service will be available with your local Edwards Abstract and Title Co. representative.
- A seamless closing experience for the customer.
- Even though the closing takes place at an extended distance, you’ll feel like you’re closing